Welsh girl trying to find her way in the world. All round Blogger with a passion for Fictional Characters.

Powered by Blogger.

Soph x Make Up Revolution Make Up Look

Wales, UK
Afternoon one and all, so I have an extra post for you this week as a friend of mine - Sarah Louise asked me if I wanted to collaborate with her using Soph’s (SophDoesNails) new palettes with Make Up Revolution and well who am I to say no to trying out something new. Her idea was to use the palette to try a day and night look. Sarah has done a gorgeous day look over on her blog, you can see her look here - and I have attempted a night look.

So here we go, please excuse the awful photos as trying to get decent ones without a shadow over my eyes was pretty hard going, I even had my boyfriend standing on the bed and in the bath trying to get a good photo for me, but to no avail, so I guess we’ll all have to make do with these. 

Soph x Make Up Revolution Make Up Look

Okay so I guess I should talk a little about Soph’s new palettes. I LOVE the highlighter palette, there is a colour for everyone and I have actually enjoyed mixing the colours together to get what I want. As for the eyeshadow palette, I’m a little on the fence, some of the colours are really pigmented and others not so much - but who knows maybe i’m not applying them right. I do love all the colours she has chosen though and you can read my first impressions on these palettes here.

So, Firstly, let me apologise for my atrocious eyeliner skills, they are somewhat none existent. I figured that I would just give you a run down of the products and colours I used to achieve this look. 

Soph x Make Up Revolution Make Up Look

  • MAC Waterweight SPF 30 Foundation (NW18)
  • MAC Mineralise Concealer (NW15)
  • L’Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte Powder
  • Benefit’s Hoola Bronzer
  • Revlon Peach Glow Bronzer
  • Make Up Revolution Soph Highlighter Palette
  • Make Up Revolution Soph Ultra Eyeshadows
  • George Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
  • Collection Mascara (Black)
  • Nuxe Multipurpose Dry Oil
  • NYX Lip Lingerie (Cashmere Silk)

Soph x Make Up Revolution Make Up Look

Moving on to the actual look I managed to create. I filled in my eyebrows with Cuppa Tea from the eyeshadow palette first before moving on to my eyes. I started Iced Coffee in my crease, and followed that up with Cuppa Tea and Pug, blending them all into one another.

I then added Smokey Bronze to my inner and outer eyelid and followed that with Rosewood on the outer corner before blending it all in together. I then wanted to do something a little different to what I normal would so I went with Mixed Berries in the middle of my eye, which turned out to be a little darker than I anticipated so I topped it up with a touch of Pink Champagne.

I then ran a small amount of Smokey Bronze and Mixed Berries along my lower lash line and finished the look with Penguin on my inner corners which I added a little of the white highlighter from Soph’s highlighter palette. Followed by my awful liquid eyeliner skills and a touch of mascara.

I was tempted to go for a grey lip but decided to go with a nude colour as to not take away from the eyes. 


I’m so sorry for all my rambling but I hope you’ve enjoyed my little make up experiment. What are your thoughts on Soph’s new range?
HAYLEY

No comments

Thank you so much for checking out my blog. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.